What's New in SecsToTool.Net 2.5
This section contains information about key features and improvement, Obsoletes APIs and Known Issues in the SecsToTool.Net version 2.5.
Startup Initialization Process
Built-in daisy chain process executed sequentially upon connection is established:
S1F13 - Establish Communication
S2F37 - Disable All Events
S2F33 - Undefined Reports
S2F35 - Unlink Event Report
S2F33 - Define Reports (based on tool model definition)
S2F35 - Link Event Report (based on tool model definition)
S2F37 - Enable All Events (based on tool model definition)
S5F3 - Disable All Alarms
S5F3 - Enable All Alarms (based on tool model definition)
- MultipleOpen: This property determines whether or not to allow open transaction before pushing out the next message from the queue.
- MaxOpenTransaction: This property determines the number of open transactions allows when MultipleOpen property is set to TRUE
New Licensing manager
The new License Manager offers the following features:
License Activation file is no longer associated to your Tool Model. Existing or old License Activation file is still supported.
Enjoy full functionalities without one-hour limit connection when you are on TRIAL mode.
License Transfer. With the new License Manager, you can transfer your existing license from one PC to another.
- SECsLogging: This event notifies the application whenever the low level SECS messages are logged to file
- SMLLogging: This event notifies the application whenever the SML messages are logged to file
- SECsMessageActivtyTrace: This event notifies the application for all the traces happening in the SECsHostController and Compiler level.
Logging has been greatly enhanced with the following features:
- SML and SECS logging file has been harmonized into one single log file SecsToHost.Net-[EquipmentName]-YYYYMMDD.log
- New property logLevel in the tool model file which determine the verbosity of the logging: Error, Warning, Info, Verbose (debugging)
- New property rolloverSize in the tool model file which determine the maximum size of the file when rollover happens.
Other Enhancements and Bug Fixings
- FIX - Unable to extract LIST data item in S1F4 with logicalName.
Installations and Upgrade Notes
Please take note that this version introduces some changes to the existing assembly and namespace naming convention that might cause minor break in your existing codes.
Assembly File and Namespace Changes
All the assembly files and namespaces have been renamed from Insphere.SecsToTool.* to Insphere.Connectivity.*. Once you have installed the new versions, you should see the assemblies as follow:
Reference and Code Changes
Currently in your project reference, you added the following assemblies:
Please remove those assemblies above from your project reference and add the following:
And change your using namespace declarative to:
Patches/Minor Bug Fixes
- SECsHostError event is obsolete. Replaced with SECsMessageActivityTrace. This class provides a more flexible and extensible way to notify trace messages (Error, Warning, Info, etc) to application level.
- SML log messages may not be written in sequence when running in MultipleOpen mode.